Pizza and Pistols

imageHey, you wanna go get a pizza with me?  Yeah?  Well, grab your gun and let’s go.  You heard me right—I said to grab your gun.  There’s a pizza shop right here in Virginia Beach that offers a 15% discount to customers who walk in toting a gun or their concealed handgun permit.  The owner got the idea from an ice cream shop in Utah that thought of this brilliant idea first. He says that since he instituted the discount last Friday, about 80% of his customers have taken him up on his offer. So let’s get on board! I know I will feel so much safer sitting in a pizza restaurant with 80% of the people around me carrying weapons. Won’t you?

I would have thought a story like that was an April Fool’s joke if it were April 1st, but it’s not. I saw it on the front page of the local section of our newspaper this morning, along with a huge picture of a gun-toting grandmother. I can tell you that will definitely be a pizza shop I won’t be going to. I wonder how many of those gun-slinging patrons would be squawking about the inappropriateness of a woman breastfeeding in a restaurant. I can hear them now. “Breasts have no place in public.” But guns do.

This entry was posted in Just Blogging and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Pizza and Pistols

Don’t let word of that spread to Ohio or they’ll be doing it here. Right now most businesses are sensible enough to post signs saying guns are not allowed in the store/shop/restaurant/bar.

2. adeladurkee says:

Well now, I think you’re on to something. Get you local pizza shop to start a Mama Bring Your Breast discount. I bet the patronage will go way up; with or without benefit of the discount.

3. Doug says:

So tidewater. So Hampton roads.

4. mairedubhtx says:

I suppose the pizza place thinks they are safe with their customers armed but if these were young people who were armed and a fight breaks out, they wouldn’t feel so safe.

5. What a BIZARRE story! Truly unbelievable! :O

I saw this today, too. I’m going to go buy a gun so I can save some money on my pizza. By the time the waiting period is over, I’m going to be really hungry.

And here I thought guns allowed in bars (as they were in Arizona when I was there last) was bad enough! But in pizza parlors??? Eeeeek! P.S. I want to “like” your post but for some reason WP will not let me.

I agree with Dianna, I’m betting that place won’t get robbed. 😆

These people… God help us!!

We lived in Texas during the gas shortages of the late ’70’s. As a Canadian, I found it disturbing to see so many rifles on gun racks inside pick up trucks… but I expect it kept people from cutting into the line ups at the gas pumps!

Yes, guns were a more common sight in Texas, Margie. They seem so out of place in a city like Virginia Beach, though. Why being them into a restaurant? Keep them where they belong, on shooting ranges or hunting sites.

11. Where do I even begin….I LOVE your point about the breastfeeding, that is point on! That’s all I can say is I sure hope they have stellar service, because I certainly wouldn’t want to piss-off one of these gun toting patrons.

12. Oh yeah, can you imagine someone breastfeeding there? Oh, the horror! But guns? no problem. (shaking head)

13. I literally just heard this story, then logged on and read this post. And I disagree. I think they WILL be robbed. By someone with a gun… demanding money. Because they were invited.

14. Elyse says:

What could possibly go wrong? Isn’t it amazing how many stupid people act on stupid ideas? Absolutely mind-boggling

I’m not going to come down on either side of the gun issue, but I can tell you one thing, you’re a lot more likely to die from eating pizza than from a gunshot.

16. Dianna says:

I tend to agree….but all those folks toting the guns in the pizza place….will be toting them other places where we are too. I’m betting that pizza shop won’t get robbed!