My sister, Karen, was a compassionate person who cared deeply for family, friends, and animals. She had an especially tender heart towards children and the elderly and for people who were experiencing difficulties. She also had a life-long love affair with the ocean, having grown up just a few blocks from it in Connecticut. When she moved to Texas many years ago, she seldom was able to take trips to the coast, especially after she became ill. Every time she knew I was going for a sea visit, she asked me to bring back some seashells for her, and it was my delight to do that as such a small thing brought her so much joy. My sister died in August of 2009 at the age of 53, just a year ago as I write this. I miss her every day. Since I now live in Virginia Beach and can visit the ocean anytime I want, I started writing some insights the sea has given me. Occasionally, I will share them with you. Just click on this category in the sidebar of my blog, and it will list the archive of these musings.
Calendar of Posts
- Stuck in Paradise comingeast.com/2018/07/09/stu… https://t.co/n5DT0at34x 1 week ago
- High School Revisited comingeast.com/2018/06/19/hig… https://t.co/hhwIfQuAAx 4 weeks ago
- Testing the Waters comingeast.com/2018/06/11/tes… 1 month ago
- Facebook Etiquette comingeast.com/2018/06/06/fac… 1 month ago
- Warning: Plastic Bins Ruin Clothing comingeast.com/2016/06/02/war… 2 years ago
- 113,714 hits