I Was Robbed!

I woke up this morning to discover that someone in Missouri and Arizona won last night’s massive lottery prize.  How did that happen?  It was supposed to be mine.  In fact, I was so sure of it, I did my Christmas shopping based on it.  How am I supposed to pay for all of this stuff?

I bought season tickets to Broadway shows for my youngest son and daughter-in-law and rented a gorgeous apartment for them in midtown Manhattan on Park Avenue so they would have a place to stay when they went into the city for the shows.  For my other son I bought a bespoke Farrari FF and a new Mac computer.

For my son-in-law, who loves speed and adventure, I bought a seat on Virgin Galactic so he can be a pioneer astronaut. My daughter, the writer, will be attending a fabulous dinner party in New York City at the Algonquin Hotel. She will join Christopher Buckley, Roz Chast, Malcolm Gladwell, George Stephanopoulos and other literati there for an exclusive dinner party at the Round Table. All the proceeds go to a children’s charity, so my gift is a tax write-off. I think. I’ll have to ask my CFP daughter-in-law about that. After all, she will be managing all my winnings. Oh, wait…I keep forgetting I didn’t actually win. Gosh, when the bills for all these things come in, I might have a little difficulty paying for them. Good thing I hadn’t bought anything for my granddaughters yet. And I hope I can get a refund on the airline tickets to Australia for my husband and me. Gay Car Boys was going to help us pick out a car.

I feel sad because I was going to send all of you, my loyal blog followers, something nice for Christmas, too. But it’s the thought that counts. Right?

This entry was posted in Favorite posts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to I Was Robbed!

Hi Susan, May I direct you to this post http://shareandconnect.wordpress.com/2012/12/14/xian/ Hope you’ll find it interesting.

2. Great!! I would have appreciated it also!!

3. Claire D says:

Love the gifts you chose, but sorry you will be in the Return line soon. Maybe next time!!

Did you have a trip to New Zealand on your list of things to do with your big win? Maybe next time and meantime I shall continue to buy the lottery tickets. Who knows I might just end up at your door!

That would be so lovely, Judith to find you on my front doorstep! If money were no object, I would certainly take a trip to visit you in New Zealand. I will be seeing your beautiful land in a few weeks when The Hobbit opens here.

5. No Christmas present? 😦 I had my winnings all spent, too, by the way… you sure there wasn’t a Maine winner listed there?

Well, there was a state that began with an M, Julia, but I think you are out of luck. Ah, but it was fun to dream about for awhile. Guess we’ll have to make our money the old-fashioned way…work for it. Oh, wait. I’m retired. Guess being rich ain’t in the forecast for me.

I have been trying to comment on your blog posts, but your site won’t take my comments, for some reason. So glad MEH was wearing his helmet when he had his accident!

6. notquiteold says:

My mother won $75 on her scratch ticket yesterday. She was very excited. Tahiti, here I come!

It’s the thought that counts. lol And my little ticket held such high-hopes too… I think I was robbed too. ~sigh~ Hey, wouldn’t it have been a hoot if you and I had of both won… aw that would have been awesome. 🙂

LOL! But wait a minute, I am worried about the debt collectors. Do you have enough money left to flee the country?

9. I’m sorry you didn’t win. Make that YIKES!, I’m sorry you didn’t win. There’s always the HGTV dream house coming up Jan 1. Mark your calendar to enter daily. I’ve spent hours over the last ten years in the month of Jan and Feb entering. Next year it will be mine but if you win it–I’ll be happy for you and come to visit–so there you have it–you will have to win that house for me to visit…not—I do want to make it out there some day and get my picture taken at B&N.

An HGTV dream house? I’m in! I’m going online right now…

• pattisj says:

Read the fine print on the Dream Home, Susan. 🙂 GMC usually gives away a vehicle with that promotion. Having a family member employed by them disqualifies you. (And me). Hopefully, Georgette will win it and we can move in with her!
        And I was SO looking forward to helping you spend your lottery money. Sigh.

Drat! Yes, Patti, maybe Georgette will be the lucky one and we can visit her in her dream house. I was looking forward to have you drive me around to all the stores while we shopped and shopped. Sigh.