Snow, Snow, and More Snow

I couldn’t resist posting another picture of the snow in front of my son’s place in a Boston suburb. They are expecting another storm on Thursday and even more next weekend.

image

This entry was posted in Favorite posts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Snow, Snow, and More Snow

They have really gotten pounded this year.

2. Impressive indeed…yikes!

Makes George and me happy we live where we do. Very cold and windy today, but no problem getting around. I feel sorry for the kids up there who have used all their snow days and then some and will be losing vacation days.

3. Your post of 70 degree weather made me jealous. I don’t mind the cold, or snow.. but too old for ice.

4. Dianna says:

Wow. I, too, cannot imagine that much snow. I’m sure they’re are beyond tired of it all.

5. Hope he stays safe! We’ve been spared the huge snowstorms here this winter but we’ve had our share of those kind of conditions in the past. This year, we’re just getting normal amounts of snow. Those blizzards keep skipping us and heading east and north of us. Whew!

6. LOL craziest sight ever! They don’t even get that much snow in Moscow!

My oldest boy is somewhat stuck up there. He’d been working out in LA for 6 mos, came here for Christmas, and then flew back to Boston with his brother to take a month to sell most of his furniture, and then drive his equipment and car cross country to his new apartment….and then the snows came…so no one is thinking of buying used furniture! Every day I get “Do you believe this sh*t?” texts from him. It isn’t funny of course…but it sort of is! ūüėČ He’s like “I finally got my life together,,,and I can’t get out of town!” LOL welcome to adulthood, pal! One problem after another! hahahahaha..
    Spring will come eventually!

Hope they will be okay.

8. gaycarboys says:

I don’t wish to appear dim, but isn’t there flooding when it all melts?

Haha! Absolutely! My son is already worrying about everything in his basement because he knows it is a foregone conclusion that it will flood.

• gaycarboys says:

I’ve only ever seen snow a handful of times, most of which was in the US. I love the quiet of snow but I don’t know how you can live in it full time. How on earth does one drive in those conditions?

Nearly impossible to drive when it’s as bad as it is now. The mayor of Boston has asked everyone to stay home today so they can get the roads cleared. Trouble is, they have nowhere else to put the snow.

• gaycarboys says:

It hardly seems possible. Is it normally this bad?

They usually get a lot of snow in the winter, but it’s spread out over several months. This group of storms, one right after the other, is historic. Most snow ever in such a short period of time.

9. Yikes! That is a lot of snow. Thank you for the share. It was beautiful here yesterday. When I walked into the store the clerk was going on and on about wanting to work in the garden. It was in the high 60’s and low 70’s yesterday and NO rain.

I remember how everything started to come alive again in February in San Antonio. The Arizona ash trees were already getting their spring green on by the middle of February. So different from here.

I can’t imagine snow that deep. Wow! and more to come. Sending positive warming thoughts their way.