Autumn on Plum Island

The weekend before Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast, my husband and I drove up to the Boston area to visit some of our children. We try to get up there every October to see the fall foliage. Though nothing can match the beauty of the leaves a few years ago, we were not disappointed by this trip. We drove to an apple orchard and then to the Crane Estate on Plum Island. I wanted to share a few pictures with you.

20121104-201832.jpg

20121104-202144.jpg

20121104-202253.jpg

20121104-202344.jpg

20121104-202905.jpg

This entry was posted in Just Blogging, pictures and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Autumn on Plum Island

Beautiful series of photos, Susan. Crane Estate looks like such a lovely place. Is that a henge in the third photo?

2. there is absoutely nothing more beautiful than autumn in New England. The photos are gorgeous. I hope your family is safe and well after Sandy. DAF

3. Marianne says:

Autumn leaves are so beautiful, aren´t they?

Lovely photographs 🙂

Beautiful, Susan! I particularly enjoy the red 🙂 Good to see you again.

5. Wonderful pictures. the place looks idyllic! thanks for sharing these peaceful and relaxing shots of a beautiful part of the world.

6. Huffygirl says:

Beautiful. The estate buildings remind me of an estate we saw in Ireland at Bunratty castle.

The red ivy is striking! Love the following shot with the water, too. What a lovely estate.

8. Dianna says:

Amazing photos! The colors are breathtaking. Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful, poetic shots! Thank you for sharing, Susan!

10. shofar says:

Enjoyed the fall pictures! I have never seen this awesome season! You are specially blessed!

11. Mark says:

Beautiful!

This is even more beautiful than you and George described, Susan. Gorgeous pictures. Makes me want to go there.

Very different and gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing.

14. Very easy on the eyes indeed! The red on the tower is an incredible site.

15. gaycarboys says:

as usual you are right on the button, this is a beautiful place. BTW I hope your family was all safe and sound after the storm. HUGS

Hubby and I had no problem at all in Virginia, and our Boston and Michigan children were fine as well. We do have family inConnecticut, however, who are still without power, but at least they didn’t have the terrible water damage like the folks in New York andNew Jersey. What a horrendous situation.

• gaycarboys says:

I’ve been through some dreadful natural disasters but none was as awful. Thinking of you all.

Yes, my heart goes out to all those people who are suffering, GCB. Another storm is headed their way, though nowhere near the intensity of Sandy. But it will just add to their misery, which they certainly don’t need right now.