26 Responses to Are You Sure I Don’t Need My Appendix Removed?

1. Jamie says:

I agree…Conacado is the best. I hope they start carrying it once again. I WILL stock up next time I see it in the store.

2. Big Al says:

I don’t have to worry about that Flex account anymore but I do remember the frustration of trying to predict the amount. It was almost like betting against yourself. What you’re basically saying when you pick an amount is: ” I’m going to get a lot sicker than you think I am!”

lol Thanks for sharing. Blessing come in the most mysterious ways. 😉

4. Emily says:

Oh gosh, this made me laugh! Bad health…what a blessing! 🙂

I don’t recall ever seeing that at Trader Joe’s. Ghirardelli hot cocoa is my favorite. We used to have an FSA, and I know that drill all too well. Cute wrap up at the end!

6. Ha! Love the irony of that ending line.

Funny what can be called a blessing in certain circumstances 🙂

8. FSAs are helpful for those who have kids, I think, who are always getting themselves sick or hurt. At the end of every year, my parents email my sisters and I and ask what we need from an ever-shorter list of things that their FSAs cover so they can max out theirs (this year it was eye care, sitz baths, humidifiers and filters, and something else random. Not even OTC painkillers.) I personally don’t have one… though once in a while when my stupid insurance’s stupid deductible policies leave me broke, I think maybe I should enroll. Here’s hoping you sit on your glasses!

Ha-ha, SC! Not to worry. We usually have enough left in the account to get me a new pair of glasses every year. Not that my eyes always change that much, but when you have to wear glasses from the minute you get out of bed until the minute you get back in bed, you need a change.

9. kd sullivan says:

This is delightful! Absolutely delightful! Thanks for helping me see how funny even fear can be!

10. Shary Hover says:

My husband worries about that, too, but we’ve never lost any of our FSA dollars. Sometimes I wish we had overestimated our health care expenses.

11. Huffygirl says:

How funny Susan. We do the flex spending account too, and I must say, have never had a problem using it up. And we’re pretty healthy people, but as you say, “we’re old” – or at least getting there age-wise.

12. Haha! “Praise the Lord!” You do have me laughing and yes, I save the computer cartridge box and the can light bulb boxes so I know what to buy. haha…Congratulations on meeting your limit early.

13. Yes! A crown! The things we get excited about now, huh?
    I have a cupboard full of Swiss Miss and have never tried the other cocoa, now you’ve got me curious if our Trader Joe’s carries it…