Last week Bud from Older Eyes, invited me to take the Seven Links Challenge. I’ve been dragging my feet because it involves making decisions, and you know how much I hate to make decisions. The challenge is actually kind of a nice thing because: 1) I really respect Bud and his writing, so I am honored he chose me, and 2) it means that I will be reposting some writing that maybe wasn’t seen by some of you. So here goes.
The Seven Links Challenge has two rules. The first is that I must publish seven links of my own blog for the categories below. The second is to nominate five -seven bloggers to take part (don’t put your head down or bend down to pick up that pencil. I am an ex-teacher, and I know the tricks to avoid being chosen).
1. Most Beautiful Post: Visually, I think my post Punkin’ Time is nice, but the real reason I’m putting it here is because I got tired of looking for one I considered really beautiful.
2. Most Popular Post: This has to be Well It Seemed Like a Good Idea because it got over 2300 hits and 239 comments. Obviously, that was my one Freshly Pressed.
3. Most Controversial: Since no one commented on Fahrenheit 451 and hardly anyone even read it, I’m only guessing that it might have been controversial.
4. Most Helpful: I had several I considered helpful, but I like There Are No Do-Overs in Parenting.
5. Most Surprisingly Successful: Many posts have had many more hits than Without Bread, All Is Misery, but I chose something from my early days of blogging when hardly anyone was reading my posts, and I was surprised I got eleven comments. Yes, eleven big, fat ones. Okay, half of them were my replies, but still…
6. Post That Didn’t Get the Attention It Deserved: Pick quite a few in my beginning days. I had post after post without one person hitting the like button or even making a comment, including my own daughter! I just picked one I particularly like, The Gift Everyone Needs.
7. Post I Am Most Proud Of: No Fair. I can’t choose. Okay, eenie, meenie, minee, Love, Young and Old. I’m done!
Here are five bloggers I don’t think I’ve mentioned before (or not recently), so they may not be mad at me for inviting them to take the challenge.
3. Seasons Flow