Thanks to Bud of Older Eyes, I just received my first blogging award, The Versatile Blogger. At my stage in life, any award is a good award because it’s just nice to be noticed. So, thank you, Bud. Of course, if I’m truly to be thankful, I have to follow through with the requirements of this award:
1. Thank the blogger who gave the award and link to their blog. Done.
2. Share seven things about yourself. Hmmm. I don’t want to repeat things I’ve already said in my posts, but I don’t know if I can come up with seven interesting things. Here goes:
- I went parasailing in Pensacola when I turned fifty. This, in and of itself, is not very interesting, but I have acrophobia, so that adds a little bit to the interest factor. Just so you know, it wasn’t one of my best ideas.
- I played the alto recorder with the San Antonio Symphony in their production of Benjamin Britten’s Noye’s Fludde. Gib Denman was God.
- I played Anne Hathaway, Shakespeare’s wife, in a production of “Birthday of the Bard,” a play written by Susan Okaty. Oh, wait. That’s me. Okay, so I gave myself a starring role. Big deal.
- I wrote a story called “Gifts from the Dead Charlie Closet” that was published in the Piker Press. It is the story I’m proudest of.
- When I was the academic dean, I used to play the violin with my middle school’s orchestra. (I know, I’m really searching here. Seven things, Bud? Seriously?)
- My dream job would be writing the copy for Trader Joe’s Fearless Flyer.
- I would like to get married again (to the same man) so I could get all new stuff. After nearly forty years, mine’s looking kind of shabby.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers (and link to them). I echo Bud. If you are one of the “lucky” ones who receives this award, do not feel obligated to complete the whole circle like I am. Remember, this is my first blogging award, so I am still enjoying the newness of it. I enjoy your blogs immensely and respect you all as writers. Many of you would even be my friends if we lived in the same town and could actually hang out together or share a cup of Earl Grey and a chat.
Older Eyes (of course!) My Pajama Days Huffygirl’s Blog She’s a Maineiac The Simple Life of a Country Man’s Wife A Peine for Your Thoughts Growing Younger Each Day Julie Moore On Life Reeling in the Years Posky’s Blog Wordsxo Confessions of a Serial Swooper Lessons Learned from Experience Life in the Boomer Lane Word Nymph
4. Comment on their blogs to tell them of the award. I just did.