Weekly Photo Challenge: Red

Skink with red face in my garden

Roses in my courtyard

Kite on the beach

This entry was posted in Just Blogging, pictures and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Red

1. Val says:

The roses are gorgeous! My mother had a lot of roses in the garden when I was growing up, but we’ve only a few here.

2. Bud says:

Very red, very beautiful. I didn’t know skinks came in red.

3. Julia says:

Wow, that is an incredible photo of the skink! I love it! And the roses…. amazing — it’s going to be a while before we have those here in Maine!

Great Red choices. Your male skink is so handsome. Your roses are beautiful. That octopus looks like it’d be great fun on the beach. 🙂

• comingeast says:

Thanks for your comments. I didn’t even know that was a male skink, but from your comment I gather that the female is rather drab?

• E.C. says:

Your welcome. Female skink are lovely blue striped. They’re one of the few critters where the female has the brighter more ornate colors. We like having the skink around. They’re fun to watch and we think they help with pest control. 🙂

• comingeast says:

I had never seen one before and had to go to the Internet to find out what it was. I’d love to see the female. Haven’t seen my red-faced one again but hoping he returns.

5. Love the flowers, sorry but hated the snake. Was it poisonous? I thought a snake with red might me posionous. Great pics.

• comingeast says:

Actually, it isn’t a snake. I should have shown the rest of its body. It’s actually a type of lizard, and no, it’s not poisonous. They’re usually arboreal; I don’t know what it was doing in my garden. It was a pleasant surprise.